Sunday, May 24, 2009

Big Day

I've always wanted to do a multi-course dinner, especially with a group of people who love food as much as I do. Pat's admission to medical school provided me a pretext, so after a month or so of thought we made it happen. But first, I had to get some suffering in with the wind with Chuckie and Mahana. Good company to suffer with. It was a meal to remember. The menu: Appetizer - Tuna Sashimi with Fresh Ponzu, Tuna Tartar with Wasabi Aoli Salad - Amy's Salad (Spinach, Bacon, Walnuts, Feta, and Poppyseed Dressing) Bread - Whole Grain Bread, Vanilla Whipped Honey-Butter Fish - Garlic Shrimp, Sticky Rice, Fresh Ginger Soda Palette Cleanser - Fresh Fruit Smoothie White Meat - Apple Cider Baby-Back Ribs, Potato Salad with Homemade Lemon Mayo Entree - Filet, Potato Waffle with Fresh Horseradish Cream and Port Pan Sauce, Seasonal Vegetables Dessert - Vanilla and Chocolate Creme Brulee We were all too full when we were done with the entree so we skipped the cheese course, which was supposed to be Kerrygold Dubliner Cheese with D'Anjou Pears and went straight to dessert.

1 comment:

Pat said...

Not brown-nosing or exaggerating, Chels and I both agreed on the way home that from start to finish, that was the best meal we have ever eaten.

Fish, you now also hold positions 2&3 in my top five steak experiences. Awesome. The personal touches were also way beyond what I expected.

I am still smiling thinking about it.