Tuesday, July 15, 2008

It's a Go!

I'm not the biggest proponent of the exclamation point as I think it's often overused. But I am giddy about the news from the doctor this morning - I've been cleared to return to the road bike and running. Four weeks of indoor training during the middle of the summer has been killing me. I plan to head out this weekend with some friends and pedal for a good, long time. I'm hoping for five hours of saddle time this weekend. Afterwards, I think a nice summer barbeque of salmon, watermelon, corn on the cob and other garden vegetables and fresh fruit should do the trick nicely.

1 comment:

Mr. Flynn said...

Nice! Salmon on the grill sounds great! Wow, five hours of riding! Have fun!

(4 exclamation marks, with only 14 words. I feel pretty good about that ratio.)