Wednesday, March 24, 2010

The Home Stretch

I can't wait for May 2.  That will be the day that Ironman St. George is behind me.  It's a race that I want to have done, not that I'm looking forward to doing.  The only upside to having trained for a really hard Ironman over the winter is that I'll be starting the mountain biking season with a lot of fitness.  The challenge will be staying away from the barbeque without the motivation of a really hard race hanging over me and keeping me in line.  I'm hoping the mix of a fresh set of King SS Hubs, some decent weather, some good trail conditions and reliable riding buddies will be just the thing to keep me from being a couch-bound pork-a-holic.  Here's to hoping.

3 comments:

Pat said...

Hi. My name is Pat and I'm a porkaholic.

KanyonKris said...

Good luck on the ironman!

Sabrosa Cycles said...

"Anything that takes more than 12 steps isn't worth doing! Eh? 12? Get it? Steps! Hehehe."
~homer